EU think tank Platform Paris 2015 (TT2015)
October 15, CEPS, Place du Congres 1, Bruxelles
This event launches the TT2015 Platform which brings together five of the leading EU thinks tanks (CEPS, E3G, IDDRI, IES-VUB and SWP), active in the area of climate change policy, in their desire to catalyse and contribute to the debate in the EU on its strategy and positioning in the 2015 negotiations.
The platform will act as an information hub and magnifying glass for those initiatives that the members of the Platform wish to explore. A limited number of strategic issues will be selected and examined through events and original intellectual contributions, either from members individually, or as a group.
The discussions aim to provide clarity and challenge Europe’s role and positioning in relation to the 2015 agreement, providing a robust discussion, which focuses on both strategy and policy.
16:30 Welcome: Christian Egenhofer
16:35 TT2015: Outline of initiative
Short interventions by TT2015 members:
- CEPS: Andrei Marcu
- E3G: Liz Gallagher
- IDDRI: Thomas Spencer
- SWP: Suzanne Dröge
- IES: Sebastian Oberthür
16:50 E. Bardram, DG CLIMA: Head of International and Inter-institutional Unit
“The interaction between the EU internal and external climate change policy”
17:20 Paris 2015: What’s in for the EU?
- Presentation by the members of TT2015
17:40 Moderated RT “EU: Goals and Approaches to Paris 2015”
- Paul Watkinson – Head of the Climate Change Negotiations Team, France
- Nicole Wilke – Head of the International Climate Policy Division at the German Federal Ministry for Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety, Germany
- Tomasz Chruszczow – Special Envoy for Climate Change, Polish COP Presidency, Poland
- Teresa Ribera – Director IDDRI